The project “Special Educational Needs and Disability Inclusion” (SENDI) has been funded with support from the European Commission and within the programme Leonardo da Vinci, Transfer of Innovation.
The project will be developed from October 2013 to September 2015 in 5 European countries: Spain, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Netherlands and United Kingdom.
Over-arching goal of the project is providing an international standard for certificating vocational learning of those with Special Educational Needs, especially disabled learners.
- Provide a focus on transparency of competences under-pinning grades that are easy to read and compare.
- Support credit accumulation and transfer for pre-vocational and vocational learning.
- Scope the extent to which an SEN certification framework can be matched to underpin the EQF.
- Support personal development through increased take up of certification, lowering barriers to entry to mainstream EQF referenced qualifications for at risk groups.
- Enable a more competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy though furthering inclusion.
- Enable the set up of new service led businesses that can support the on-going development of certification of learners with Special Educational Needs.